A destination worth the drive!
Directions to Clayton: When exiting Swan Bay Resort, take a Right onto Route 12, after 7.5mi take a Right onto James St. to go under the “Clayton 1000 Islands” sign. You have now entered Downtown Clayton. Continue straight on James St. until you reach Riverside Dr. for all the shops!
Things To Do In Town
- Visit the popular Antique Boat Museum to view old fashioned boats
- Get a taste of the region when you visit 1000 Islands River Rat Cheese or The 1000 Islands Oil & Vinegar Shops
- Learn some history when you visit the Thousand Islands Museum or the Thousand Islands Art Center
- View a live show at the Clayton Opera House
- Enjoy the sunset or a live performance right on the River at Frink Park
- Enjoy Mini Golf or the Driving Range at River Golf Adventures
- Enjoy something different when you ride horses at Maple Ridge Stables in Lafargeville, NY
- Relax at River Yoga when taking a Yoga class
- Walk along the Waterfront pathway
- Visit the Weekly Farmer’s Market every Thursday from June-Sept. on Mary St.
- Attend Coyote Moon Vineyard’s Sunday Flea Market each week from June-Sept.
Things To Do On The River
- Take a Clayton Island Tour on a Glass Bottom Boat through the Islands, you never know what you’ll find lurking beneath the water!
- Rent a Pontoon Boat, Fishing Boat, Paddle Boat, SUP, Kayak, Lily Pad or Bike to enjoy on a hot Summer day from Swan Bay Resort
- Rent a Boat or Jet Ski from local businesses to enjoy!
- Take that rental, or your own boat, and go through Millionaire’s Row, an array of Islands and Island homes which was once the playground of the rich and famous at the turn of the 20th Century.
- View cargo ships passing through the Main Channel coming from all over the world! You can find out their locations and schedules, here.
- Self-tour or take a guided tour to Rock Island Lighthouse and learn about its history!
- Hop aboard a Fishing Charter with the fam!
- Do something extra adventurous with Scuba Diving in the St. Lawrence River
Swan Bay Resort’s The Rift Boutique
RV Camping & Marina Supplies, Souvenirs
43615 NY-12 Alexandria Bay, NY – Swan Bay Resort’s Main Office
The Mason Jar
Home Decor & River Themed Items
521 Riverside Dr. Clayton, NY
Karla’s Christmas Shoppe
The name says it all!
500 Riverside Dr. Clayton, NY
Porch & Paddle
Goods for everyday life
236 James St. Clayton, NY
The Golden Cleat
River jewelry for everyone!
534 Riverside Dr. Clayton, NY
Handmade Whimsies & Garden Art
313 James St. Clayton, NY
Where To Eat
The Lyric Coffee House
A quaint coffee shop
246 James St. Clayton, NY
Bistro w/ Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
602 Riverside Dr. Clayton, NY
Wood Boat Brewery
Craft Beers & Pizza
625 Mary St. Clayton, NY
506 Riverside Dr. Clayton, NY
Di Prinzio’s Kitchen
Italian with a side of the St. Lawrence River
428 Riverside Dr. Clayton, NY
Foxy’s Restaurant & Bar
Arrive by boat or car!
18187 Reed Point Rd. Fishers Landing, NY
Saint Lawrence Spirits Distillery & Chateau
Proud to work with local farmers
38289 NY-12E Clayton, NY
Clay’s Fudge Factory
905 James St. Clayton, NY
Castle Ice Cream
750 James St. Clayton, NY
The Gal’s Place
42077 NY-12 Alexandria Bay, NY
Wineries, Breweries & Distilleries can be found here!
Swan Bay Resort’s Why Knot Tiki Bar
Relax at the outdoor Tiki Bar & Pool. Live music every weekend!
43615 NY-12 Alexandria Bay, NY
226 Webb St. Clayton, NY
215 James St. Clayton, NY
Island Bay Pier House
110 State St. Clayton, NY
(315) 285- 5197
From weekly farmer’s markets to Punkin’ Chunkin’ to the Christmas Parade, check out Clayton’s Annual Events here!
All Restaurants, Activities & Locations have differing hours depending on the Season. Please call ahead for additional details!