Experience an Award Winning Destination!
Directions to Alex Bay: When exiting Swan Bay Resort, take a Left onto Route 12, after 3.5mi take a Left at the Light onto Church St. to go under the “Welcome to Alexandria Bay” sign. Continue straight until you reach James St. which is Downtown Alexandria Bay.
Things To Do In Town
- Visit Wellesley Island State Park and enjoy their beach, onsite activities, and walking trails for hiking, snowshoeing, or cross-country skiing at the Minna Anthony Common Nature Center.
- Go Golfing at multiple different locations within a 5-10mi drive of Swan Bay Resort
- Hike through the trails at the Otter Creek Preserve
- Feel spooky on a Thousand Islands Ghost Tour of Downtown Alexandria Bay
- Have a chill night with the family at the Bay Drive-In Theatre
- Take a famous Boat Tour through the 1000 Islands on an Uncle Sam’s Boat Tour
- Take the Kids to Alex Bay 500 Go-Karts where they can spend time racing each other and then enjoy a game of Mini-Golf right after!
- Sign up for an ATV Tour of the regions’ trails through RiverGate Wheelers
- Casino Island is a destination for the whole family. Pack a lunch and enjoy a picnic under the Pavilion over looking the River, hang out at the small Beach, play on the playground, or explore the small island over the bridge. No matter what you do, the gorgeous River views never end! It’s so great, we even named one of our Cottages after the Island.
- Walk along the docks on both ends of James St.
Things To Do On The River
- Tour the 1000 Islands by boat and view Boldt Castle or Singer Castle
- Rent a Pontoon Boat, Fishing Boat, Paddle Boat, SUP, Kayak, Lily Pad or Bike to enjoy on a hot Summer day from Swan Bay Resort
- Rent a Boat or Jet Ski from local businesses to enjoy!
- Take that rental, or your own boat, and go through Millionaire’s Row, an array of Islands and Island homes which was once the playground of the rich and famous at the turn of the 20th Century.
- View cargo ships passing through the Main Channel coming from all over the world! You can find out their locations and schedules, here.
- Self-tour or take a guided tour to Rock Island Lighthouse and learn about its history!
- Enjoy a day of fishing with a unique Lunch/Dinner experience afterwards while on a Fishing Charter
- Take on a major adventure & look for shipwrecks with Scuba Diving!
Swan Bay Resort’s The Rift Boutique
RV Camping & Marina Supplies, Souvenirs
43615 NY-12 Alexandria Bay, NY – Swan Bay Resort’s Main Office
Endless flavors at the Popcorn Bar!
23 Church St. Alexandria Bay, NY
The Ship Gift Shop
River Souvenirs & More!
22 James St. Alexandria Bay, NY
(315) 482-6311 / (315) 482-4648
Good Dog Charlie’s
The place to sport the River & your Pup!
29 James St. Alexandria Bay, NY
All the goodies a girl could want (need*)!
28 James St. Alexandria Bay, NY
The American Narrows Trading Co.
River items to last you a lifetime!
37 James St. Alexandria Bay, NY
River Living Furniture & Giftware
The name says it all.
43 Church St. Alexandria Bay, NY
Where To Eat
The North Star Family Restaurant
114 Church St. Alexandria Bay, NY
Coffee Pot Cathy’s
3 James St. Alexandria Bay, NY
Riley’s By The River
48 James St. Alexandria Bay, NY
Cavallario’s Steak & Seafood
26 Church St. Alexandria Bay, NY
The Admirals’ Inn (Great for Seafood)
20 James St. Alexandria Bay, NY
Josie’s Pizza at the Bay
19 Church St. Alexandria Bay, NY
The Kitchen @ Captain Visger House (Great for Dietary Restrictions)
2 Church St. Alexandria Bay, NY
The Dockside Pub
17 Market St. Alexandria Bay, NY
Lil’ River Fudge Co.
24 James St. Alexandria Bay, NY
5 James St. Alexandria Bay, NY
The Gal’s Place
42077 NY-12 Alexandria Bay, NY
Wineries, Breweries & Distilleries can be found here!
Swan Bay Resort’s Why Knot Tiki Bar
Relax at the outdoor Tiki Bar & Pool. Live music every weekend!
43615 NY-12 Alexandria Bay, NY
Two levels of fun!
12 James St. Alexandria Bay, NY
A Boat… as a Bar.
15 Church St. Alexandria Bay, NY
Downtown at 11 James Street
Clubbing your thing? Check it out!
11 James St. Alexandria Bay, NY
Sunken Rock Pub
Got a dollar? Leave one on the wall!
Corner of Church & James St.
From two weeks of Pirates Celebrations to 4th of July Fireworks, to Family Weekends, check out Alexandria Bay’s Annual Events here!
All Restaurants, Activities and Locations have differing hours depending on the Season. Please call ahead for additional details!