A destination worth the drive!
Things To Do In Town
- Visit the Popular Antique Boat Museum to view old fashioned boats
- Get a taste of the region when you visit 1000 Islands River Rat Cheese or The 1000 Islands Cruet
- Learn some history when you visit the Thousand Islands Museum or the Thousand Islands Art Center
- View a live show at the Clayton Opera House
- Enjoy the sunset or a live performance right on the river at Frink Park
- Enjoy Mini Golf or the Driving Range at River Golf Adventures
- Enjoy something different when you ride horses at Maple Ridge Staples in Lafargeville, NY
- Relax at River Yoga by taking a Yoga class or enjoying their relaxing store front
- Visit the Weekly Farmer’s Market every Thursday from June-Sept. on Mary St.
- Attend Coyote Moon Vineyard’s Sunday Flea Market each week from June-Sept.
Things To Do On The River
- Take a Clayton Island Tour on a Glass Bottom Boat through the islands, you never know what you’ll find lurking beneath the water!
- Rent a Pontoon Boat, Fishing Boat, Paddle Boat, SUP, Kayak, Lily Pad or Bike to enjoy on a hot summer day from Swan Bay Resort
- Cruise through Millionaire’s Row, an array of Islands and Islands homes which was once the playground of the rich and famous at the turn of the 20th Century.
- View Cargo Ships passing through the Main Channel coming from all over the world! You can find out their locations and schedules, here. For Daily cargo ship schedules come visit the Main Office and then head on down to our Marina to watch the ships go by.
- Self-tour or take a guided tour to Rock Island Lighthouse and learn about its history!
- Hop aboard a Fishing Charter with the fam!
- Do something extra adventurous with Scuba Diving in the St. Lawrence River
The Rift Boutique at Swan Bay Resort
RV Camping & Marine Supplies, River Souvenirs, Apparel, Pet Supplies, Jewelry & More!
43615 NY-12 Alexandria Bay, NY – Swan Bay Resort’s Main Office
The Mason Jar
Home Decor & River Themed Items
521 Riverside Dr. Clayton, NY
Karla’s Christmas Shoppe
The name says it all!
500 Riverside Dr. Clayton, NY
Porch & Paddle
Goods for everyday life
236 James St. Clayton, NY
The Golden Cleat
River jewelry for everyone!
534 Riverside Dr. Clayton, NY
Handmade Whimsies & Garden Art
313 James St. Clayton, NY
Where To Eat
The Lyric Coffee House
A quaint coffee shop
246 James St. Clayton, NY
Quick eatery with Bagels and Lunch
602 Riverside Dr. Clayton, NY530 Riverside Drive, Clayton, NY
Bistro w/ Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
602 Riverside Dr. Clayton, NY
Wood Boat Brewery
Craft Beers & Pizza
625 Mary St. Clayton, NY
506 Riverside Dr. Clayton, NY
The Clipper Inn
126 State St. Clayton, NY
Di Prinzio’s Kitchen
Italian with a side of the St. Lawrence River
428 Riverside Dr. Clayton, NY
Foxy’s Restaurant & Bar
Arrive by boat or car!
18187 Reed Point Rd. Fishers Landing, NY
Saint Lawrence Spirits Distillery & Chateau
Proud to work with local farmers
38289 NY-12E Clayton, NY
Clay’s Fudge Factory
905 James St. Clayton, NY
Castle Ice Cream
750 James St. Clayton, NY
The Gal’s Place
42077 NY-12 Alexandria Bay, NY
Check out these Wineries, Breweries & Distilleries in the 1000 Islands Region!
Why Knot Tiki Bar at Swan Bay Resort
Relax at the outdoor Tiki Bar & Pool. Live music every weekend!
43615 NY-12 Alexandria Bay, NY
226 Webb St. Clayton, NY
215 James St. Clayton, NY
Island Bay Pier House
110 State St. Clayton, NY
(315) 285- 5197
From weekly farmer’s markets to Punkin’ Chunkin’ to the Christmas Parade, check out Clayton’s Annual Events!
All Restaurants, Activities & Locations have differing hours depending on the Season. Please call ahead for additional details!